Getting ready for Valentine Day? Why not to make Valentine Cakesicles? Easy step by step recipe from PintSizedBaker
You’re Valentine is gonna thank Cupid when these Valentine Cake Popsicles are delivered! Learn how to make Cakesicles for the ones you love.
- Favorite Cake Mix + Ingredients
- Favorite Frosting
- White Candy Melts
- Pink Candy Melts
- Valentine Sprinkles
- Cakesicles Mold
- Wooden Cakesicles Sticks
- Piping Bag
- Grab a box of our favorite cake mix for a 9x13 pan. Follow the instructions on the box to bake and cool your cake.
- When cake is cooled, cut in half. Add half the cake to a stand mixer and mix on low. Add in a tablespoon of frosting mix for 2 minutes. Check to see if the batter hold together when pressed. Add another tablespoon if the cake dough is too dry and mix for 2 minutes more. The cake pop dough should form a ball in the bowl and stick to it self.
- Pour the candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and melt at 100% power for 1 minute. Stir the candy melts and then heat again at 70% power for 45 seconds. Stir the candy. It should be completely melted.
- Verify that the popsicle mold is clean and dry. Add a tablespoon of melted candy into the cavities and spread up the sides to coat the edges. Pop the try into the fridge for 5 minutes to harden. If you see any holes or missed spots, add more candy melts and wait for it to harden.
- Measure out a tablespoon of the cake pop dough and press it into the hard candy. Insert the wooden popsicle sticks and press the dough down so that it is below the lip of the mold.
- Spoon over some melted candy to coat the back of the pop. Scrape off any excess candy and place in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- Carefully remove the cake popsicles from the molds. Repeat this process until all the cake pop dough is used up. You should get about 12 cakesicles from half a cake.
- Give the cakesicles some time to come to room temperature before decorating them.
- Melt 1/3 off the pink candy melts in a piping bag in the microwave. Snip off the tip and drizzle on the candy to decorate. Add the sprinkles while still wet.